Be Warm But Be Safe
Thu, Feb 11th, 2016
The coldest weather of the season will be here this weekend with wind chills down to 25 below on Sunday morning.
Here are some tips from the American Red Cross to keep safe in and out of the cold.
1. Layer up - Wear layers of lightweight clothing to stay warm. Gloves and a hat will help prevent losing your body heat.
2. Don't forget your pets - Bring pets indoors. If they can't come inside, make sure they have enough shelter to keep warm and that they can get to unfrozen water.
3. Remember the three feet rule - If you are using a space heater, place it on a level, hard surface and keep anything flammable at least three feet away.
4. Supervision required - Turn off space heaters and make sure fireplace embers are out before leaving the room or going to bed.
5. Don't catch fire - If you are using a fireplace, use a glass or metal screen large enough to catch sparks and rolling logs.
Beware of Phone Scams
Thu, Feb 4th, 2016
The Police Department advises residents to hang up if they receive a phone call from anyone purporting to be from the IRS.
In recent weeks, residents have reported receiving these calls to Police. Residents should not engage with the caller or return the call, if a message is left.
Residents should report the calls to the IRS by emailing phishing@IRS.gov. Include "IRS Phone Scam" in the subject.
Township Receives Grant For Centre Square Park
Tue, Feb 2nd, 2016
Whitpain recently received a $22,500 grant from the PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. The grant, which requires matching funding from the Township, will be used toward development of a master plan for future playgrounds at Centre Square Park.
"With Centre Square Park poised to open its first soccer season, demand for playground space is sure to follow," said Parks and Recreation Director Kurt Baker. "This grant will help us design a state-of-the art playground that is safe, fun, and accessible to children with disabilities."
|Monday - February 15, 2016
|Tuesday - February 16, 2016
Board of Supervisors'
|Wednesday - February 17, 2016
Parks & Open Space
|Thursday - February 18, 2016
Zoning Hearing Board
|Tuesday - March 01, 2016
Shade Tree Commission