Halloween Safety Tips
Wed, Oct 29th, 2014
We wish everyone a safe Halloween. Here are some tips from the Police Department to keep in mind as you prepare for trick or treating.
For Parents and Guardians
- Please accompany young children on their trick of treat route
- Send older children out with a friend, a watch and a light. Agree on where they will go and when they will return.
- Make sure your child can easily see and walk in their costume. Short costumes will help.
- Put your child in a light-colored costume.
- Give your child a flashlight or light stick to carry
- Keep children away from pets. Even if a child knows a pet, the animal may not recognize a child and could become frightened.
- Avoid hard plastic or wooden props such as daggers or swords. Instead, use foam rubber or other soft and flexible material.
- Do not let children carry a lighted torch or candle.
- Give out wrapped candy to trick or treaters.
- Check your child's candy before they eat it.
Tips to Share with Children
- Trick or treat in your neighborhood or an area you know.
- Create a map of your route.
- Stay away from moving cars. Do not walk between parked cars or run across streets.
- Walk, don't run. Use sidewalks or walk facing traffic.
- Stop, look and listen when crossing intersections.
- Be respectful of other people and their property.
- Stop only at well-lighted houses.
- Never go inside a stranger's house.
- Make sure someone checks your candy before you start eating.
Please report any suspicious activity to police by calling 610-279-9033. In an emergency, call 911.
Thu, Oct 23rd, 2014
At this week's Board of Supervisors Meeting, Township Manager Roman Pronczak presented the Township's preliminary General Fund Budget and Capital Reserve Fund Budget for 2015 along with the Sewer and Sewer Capital Budgets.
Based on projections for 2015, tax rates will remain the same and there is no anticipated need for a tax increase for the next four years. There is also no anticipated need for a sewer rate increase in 2015. Please click here to see the Budget Presentation from the Board Meeting.
Trails & Tales 5k
Wed, Oct 15th, 2014
Join us for the first annual Trails & Tails 5k and One Mile Fun Run/Walk. Race proceeds benefit the Township's Master Trail Development Program and Paws to Play Dog Park construction.
Click here for more information.
Ambler Area Watersheds Study
Wed, Oct 29th, 2014
Temple University's Center for Sustainable Communities will present the findings of its Ambler Area watersheds study on Wednesday, November 12 at 7:00 pm. The meeting will take place at the First Presbyterian Church of Ambler on 4 South Ridge Avenue in Ambler. Please click here for more information.
Whitpain Township Notice - Planning Meeting - November 10, 2014
Tue, Oct 21st, 2014
The Whitpain Township Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Monday ,November 10, 2014 at 7:30 p.m., 960 Wentz Road, Blue Bell, PA will be held with the Work Session beginning at 6:30 p.m. The regular meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m.
|Tuesday - November 04, 2014
|Wednesday - November 05, 2014
Board of Supervisors' Mtg.
|Thursday - November 06, 2014
Budget Work Session
|Sunday - November 09, 2014
Trails and Tails 5K and 1-Mile Walk
|Monday - November 10, 2014